Junebug Summer Fair
Saturday June 17th 10-11pm AND Sunday, June 17th 10-4pm
Mark your calendars for June 16th and 17th when the 6th annual Junebug Summer Fair kicks into high gear. The family-friendly festival, which is located in the tiny art enclave of Ben Wheeler,TX, highlights the work of artists, musicians, artisans from the Lone Star state.
Headquartered on the three-acre park-like property surrounding the FORGE (a local restaurant, bar, and music venue), the festival will give festival goers an opportunity to witness the creative process through “live art” displays as well as the chance to actively join in the process.
Here are just a few of the fun events planned for the day:
We will be hosting a Farmers Market both days to promote local farms and cottage businesses. There will also be a forum on sustainable living, small farming, and other gardening topics with speakers on Saturday from 11am-3pm
Live acoustic music will run both days throughout the grounds with a larger concert set for Saturday evening.
Live art stations will be set up where artists will show how to do their particular craft. Last year there was a live community loom where adults and children alike had the opportunity to add to the large woven piece. There was also a pottery wheel with artisans helping teach how to throw pottery and make simple pieces. We are also going to have weaving stations along with artist demonstrations.
County Line Magazine is hosting a Young Artisan tent for beginning artists who would otherwise not be able to afford to set and up and promote their art. This tent will be to encourage young artists who need a push to get into the art scene give them their first real taste. Hopefully it will help propel them into art even more.
You can simply want to wander around the beautifully-manicured herb gardens and grounds of the Forge, grab a cone of homemade ice cream or an adult beverage from the Forge’s bar and settle in to one of the many park benches and tables to listen to local musicians as they play their original songs.
We are always looking for volunteers. If you’d like to stay for the day or for the whole weekend, you can help with tent set-ups and take-downs, food delivery, booth sitting, water runs, errand running and just helping in general.
Saturday June 16th 10-9pm AND Sunday, June 17th 10-4pm
Farmers Market SCHEDULE:
Saturday June 16th 10-4pm AND Sunday, June 17th 10-4pm
Sustainable Living Forum Saturday 11am -1pm
Live Music ALL DAY throughout the Forge grounds
Bands on the Grist Mill stage start at 7pm
For information on becoming a vendor or volunteer, please email the Forge at firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT: Junebug Summer Fair, Saturday June 16th 10-11pm AND Sunday, June 17th 10-4pm
Artists Schedule: Saturday June 16th 10-9pm AND Sunday, June 17th 10-4pm
ENTRY METHOD: online via email, email@example.com
ENTRY DEADLINE: Friday, May 25, 2018
• Jury fee $10- This a non-refundable fee that goes towards the Jury process and advertising. Please review guidelines to see if your artwork will qualify before submitting.
Here’s the link for the Jury Fee
• Booth Fee $45
Here’s the link to the Booth Fee (Pay ONLY AFTER getting accepted)
Notice of ACCEPTANCE: May 25th, 2018. You can pay via Pay pal or online at Eventbrite.com or invoices will be emailed at this time, or prior to this date.
Booth Fee Due: May 25,2018 , if you cannot pay via Paypal invoice, mail checks to Kerian Massey, 211 Long Shadow Dr. Murchison, TX 75778. Please make checks out to Kerian Massey.
OVERVIEW: The art will be juried in by selected board members of the Junebug Summer Fair. Artists may submit up to 5 works for consideration and must include a booth photo.
Tables and easles will not be provided. Electricity is provided but you must bring your own extension cords and booth lighting.
GUIDELINES TO APPLY:
• Artists must be over 16 years of age unless assisted by an adult at all times.
• Entry deadline is Friday, May 25th, 2018.
• Works in all media are eligible, provided they can be juried by digital image. These
include Painting, Drawing, Printmaking, Photography/Digital Media, Sculpture, Mixed Media,
and Fine Craft (wood, metal, clay, fiber, glass, pottery, jewelry, soapmaking, fair trade goods).
• Artwork should be original or prints by the original artists. No pre-made items or manufactured goods allowed unless used in the creation of a new product/ piece of ar or art reproduction.
• Artist must be willing to participate in the 2 days of the fair, arriving to set up before the opening and remain open through the duration of the scheduled hours, barring any emergency.
Artists’ submission must consist of:
• 4 high quality digital JPEG images of your art and one booth photo for Professional Artists/Artisans
•A description of each work that includes title, media, size and description
• Artist CV for promotions or abbreviated résumé and contact information including name and phone number and email address
Submission Instructions:Artists should email digital images, descriptions of work, CV and artist information to firstname.lastname@example.org
FARMERS MARKET VENDOR CALL!!!
We are looking for Farmers Market Vendors for our Junebug Summer Fair, June 16th and 17th. The products we are looking to include:
- Organic Produce
- Organic/Free Range meat
- Baked goods
- Canned goods
- Organic/hand-crafted Lotions, Soaps and Home Goods
- Plants/ Heirloom seeds/seedlings
- Recycled Items
- Renewable Energy Items (Rain Barrels/Vermicomposting)
- Outdoor Products that promote organic gardening
- Books- preferably about all of these subjects
To submit your products for review, email Junebugsummerfair@gmail.com
Each space is $10 per day.
Here is the eventbrite link to pay ONCE YOUR PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN APPROVED.
Can’t wait to see you there!!!